Can your team handle an incident? Will your team's response be effective?
Your Incident Response Plan serves as the blueprint that enables your staff to detect, respond to, and recover from security incidents. If your organization has an IR plan in place, the tabletop exercise can validate that plan, or it can highlight lapses that need to be addressed.
If your organization does not have an IR plan in place, you need to develop one before a meaningful exercise can be done. (These sample scenarios may give you a good idea of why an IR Plan should be in place as soon as possible.)
The tabletop exercise begins with the Incident Response Plan and gauges team performance against the following questions:
- What happens when you encounter a breach?
- Who does what, when, how, and why?
- What roles will legal, IT, law enforcement, marketing, and company officers play?
- Who is spearheading the effort and what authority do they have?
- What resources are available when you need them?
Enhance your overall cyber response posture and your collective team decision-making process when an incident occurs with a few sample tabletop exercise scenarios.
With these samples...
- Conduct Your Own Tabletop Exercise
- Customize The Scenarios for Your Specific Business
- Create Discussion with the Provided Questions
Get ahead of your next incident and begin revealing your true response posture by downloading your free tabletop exercise samples below!